Hello world.🦋 I am a final year Ph.D. student at the CS dept. at the University of Sheffield, working on natural language processing & machine learning. My advisor is Nikos Aletras and my work is funded by an Amazon Alexa Fellowship. My research focuses on active learning, evaluation & benchmarking and in-context learning – but I’m fascinated by other topics as well!
During my Ph.D., I have interned at Meta AI (FAIR) in London with Jane Dwivedi-Yu and Timo Schick (2023), and at Amazon Web Services (AWS) in NYC with Miguel Ballesteros and the Amazon Comprehend team (2022).
I have also visited the CoAStaL group in the University of Copenhagen (2021), where I had the pleasure of working with Anders Søgaard and the rest of the team on learning from disagreement and cross-cultural NLP.
Prior to starting my Ph.D., I worked as a Machine Learning Engineer at the awesome Greek startup DeepSea Technologies. In my undergrad, I studied Electrical & Computer Engineering at the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA).
|Oct 8, 2023||2 papers accepted at EMNLP 2023!|
|Jul 17, 2023||Invited talk at the Archimedes Summer School in Athens (slides).|
|Jun 14, 2023||Invited talk at the Active Learning Speaker Series at Meta in London (slides).|
|May 9, 2023||Excited to have our position paper On the Limitations of Simulating Active Learning accepted at the Findings of ACL 2023. Joint work with my advisor Nikos Aletras!|
|Jan 27, 2023||2 papers accepted at EACL 2023 (main conf.)!|
- EMNLP-FindingsActive Learning Principles for In-Context Learning with Large Language Models2023
- EMNLPUnderstanding the Role of Input Token Characters in Language Models: How Does Information Loss Affect Performance?2023
- ACL-FindingsOn the Limitations of Simulating Active LearningIn Findings of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL) 2023
- EACLDynamic Benchmarking of Masked Language Models on Temporal Concept Drift with Multiple ViewsIn Proceedings of the European Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (EACL) 2023
- EACLInvestigating Multi-source Active Learning for Natural Language InferenceIn Proceedings of the European Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (EACL) 2023
- ACLOn the Importance of Effectively Adapting Pretrained Language Models for Active LearningIn Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL) 2022
✨ Oral ✨Active Learning by Acquiring Contrastive ExamplesIn Proceedings of the Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP) 2021